The Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter is an all-electric scooter designed for children ages 12 and up. Featuring a classic Euro design, the Pocket Mod almost looks like a Vespa. I think the design team did a great job on it, as it tastefully mixes styling cues from both the 1960s and now.
It also features pneumatic tires for a smooth ride, a retractable kick-stand, variable speed acceleration for maximum control, padded seat, and built-in battery that can hold a charge for ten miles.
Assembly was easy enough; the only thing that was tricky was getting air in the tires. The angle required to pump them up was a bit odd but ended up being no big deal. Overall, it only took about 30 minutes to fully assemble the Razor Pocket Mod. The manufacturer included disposable tools you’ll use to put it together.
The one thing that stands out about the Razor Pocket Mod is the speed. With a light child riding it, the top speed is a capable 15MPH. This might sound fast, but I found that it wasn’t an issue. Both of my kids were able to safely ride around and stop the Razor Pocket Mod on a dime after some practice.
Also, this scooter is “adult friendly” as long as you weigh less than 170 pounds. Of course, it will go a little slower the heavier you are, but still quick enough to fly down the hallway or do some figure eights in the driveway. I certainly had a lot of fun testing it out after I bought it for my children!
- Handling. If your child can ride a normal bike, they can learn how to ride the pocket mod in seconds. It handles almost exactly like a bicycle and requires basically the same skill.
- Speed. Like I said before, the Razor Pocket Mod can go up to 15MPH with a light child riding it. You may want to impose a “speed limit” if you let your child ride it in the house, though. If you’re an adult, you can expect around 8 to 10MPH which is still a lot of fun.
- Size. Razor designed this scooter to perfectly fit a child ages 8 to 12. It’s not too big or small, which is an important factor because it helps children drive and handle the scooter with maximum skill. However, adults can still have fun, too!
- Electric Motor. I love the fact that my child can ride the Razor Pocket Mod for hours before it needs to be charged again. And the best part is the noise, or should I say the lack of noise. The motor is very quiet, and in fact, if you’re standing just a few feet away you won’t even hear it.
- Tires. You’ll be putting air in them every now and then, especially if your child runs the Razor Pocket Mod outside a lot. This isn’t such a big deal, though, and only takes a few minutes. You should expect to do this once a week or so.
- Battery. The recharge time takes several hours, but this can’t be helped. Like I said before, the charge will last long enough for your child to be riding the scooter around for a few hours, so they’ll need a break while it’s charging anyway.
Overall, the Razor Pocket Mod is a fantastic toy for your child. It’s easy for them to ride, and they have a blast on it. The design is unique and really stands out; all the other kids in the neighborhood actually beg to ride it. Adults will have a little fun with it, too. Just ask my wife who gives me “the look” when she sees me riding up the driveway on it. But it’s okay, I caught her on it once too.
I highly recommend this toy as a stand out Christmas or birthday gift. It provides hours of fun with minimum maintenance and hassle.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering a special 25% discount for the Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter. This means their current price is at least $70 cheaper than the usual retail price.
Click here to get the Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter from Amazon.com now