We decided to get the sturdy Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter for my 9-year-old son, and he has been absolutely thrilled with it. He prefers riding with the nicely padded seat on, though it is detachable. The two 12-volt batteries have plenty of power to go up to 15+ miles per hour, and it usually runs about 45 minutes, as claimed.
When my son was learning how to operate his scooter, he had no problem catching on to the twist-grip accelerator and the hand-operated rear brake. Learning to ride it was, as my kids say, “easy peasy.”
We especially like the super-sized deck on this scooter. It has great design, with the folding handlebar and sturdy construction.
My son is a bit of a speed demon, so he pushes the speed of his scooter constantly. It hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down. It still goes over 15 miles per hour.
The maximum weight for this scooter is 220 pounds, so we can all ride on it. It’s been tricky getting a turn, though, because it’s hard to get my son off of it.
- Easy to assemble. When the scooter was delivered, I was out of town. My son talked my wife into putting it together for him, and she didn’t have any problems.
- Heavily constructed. This is no flimsy scooter. It’s very well constructed and has nice 10-inch wheels.
- Wide board. The wide deck helped put my wife at ease, with our 9-year-old on such a fast scooter.
- It has folding handlebars. It’s easy to store the scooter and bring it along on camping trips.
- Doesn’t travel as fast with heavier riders. The scooter doesn’t flinch when I get on to ride, but it slows down on inclines. It’s perfect for my 9-year-old, though, and has no problems going uphill.
- No battery indicator. There’s no indicator on the battery to show there’s a full charge. So you have to be aware of how long it’s been plugged in, to give it a full 12 hours.
The Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter is a sturdy scooter with a nice, wide deck and folding handlebars. It’s really fun for the kids, with a speed of over 15 miles per hour. We’re always careful to give it a full 12-hour charge, and as a result, the charge continues to last about 40 minutes of drive time. The whole family can ride since it has such a high weight capacity. This scooter gets a full 5-star rating from our family.
Price Alert: Currently Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 32% discount for the Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter. This is a savings of $90.00 from the usual retail price. This special price may change at any time to take advantage of this offer while it lasts.
Click here to get the Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter from Amazon.com