Not too long ago my daughter caught me alone at my desk and said she had something very serious to ask me. I was very concerned and thought that something bad had happened. She’s only 11, so I settled down and figured that whatever serious issue she was having couldn’t be that bad. She then broke the news that her friends all had motorized scooters and that she “needed” one too.
Oh, the horror. Okay, a little too much drama? Hey, I’m her dad, I know how much kids want to fit in with their friends, I was the same way when I was a kid. So, we began the hunt for the perfect scooter so she could ride around the neighborhood with her friends. We decided (more like she decided) that the Razor E200 Electric Scooter would be the perfect scooter for her.
I Was Impressed with this Scooter
I have to tell you, before my daughter and I had our “serious” discussion, I had no idea that these kinds of scooters even existed. When I was younger, scooters were powered by a foot, not a motor. I told my daughter this too, and she laughed at me and said that I was a kid a “long time ago.” I’m not that old, but anyway, the electric scooters are pretty neat. The Razor E200 Electric Scooter is particularly nice since, from what I have read, the Razor company seems to be the most trusted and popular brand of scooters.
- Long battery life. Some of my daughter’s friends’ scooters only seem to hold a charge that lasts 30 minutes or so. My daughter’s Razor E200 Electric Scooter typically gives about 45 to 50 minutes of ride time before it has to be charged again.
- A Quiet Motor. The last thing I wanted to get my daughter was some loud, obnoxious motorized scooter. While some of the others that I’ve seen her friends ride have an annoying, buzzing sound, her Razor E200 Electric Scooter is nice and quiet when it runs.
- Easy Assembly. I’m not the handiest guy, but even I was able to put the Razor E200 Electric Scooter together relatively quickly.
- A large deck. The deck area of the Razor E200 Electric Scooter is a few inches wider than some of the other scooters I looked at when we were doing our research. That makes riding it a lot safer for kids.
- Takes a long time to charge. When we got the scooter, my daughter was ready to ride. Well, she had to wait until the next day. The initial charge took 18 hours until it was ready for her to ride. We all know how patient kids can be, so the long charging times can be a bit of a hassle.
- A back tire needs frequent inflating. For some reason, the back tire seems to lose air. I can’t find any leaks and it was driving me crazy. I got online and saw that a few people had similar complaints. It’s not a big deal, but I wish I could find out where it is losing air.
The Razor E200 Electric Scooter is a fun, safe way for my daughter to get around and have fun in the neighborhood with her friends. The fact that it was easy to set up and has a long battery life seems to make it stand out as a better shooter than some of the others I’ve seen. The back tire drives me nuts but compared to all the good things about this scooter, that’s no big deal. And best of all, my daughter is happy. Parents, we all know that is the most important thing of all.
Price Alert: Right now Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a generous 27% discount for the Razor E200 Electric Scooter. This means their current price is at least $60 cheaper than the usual retail price.
Click here to get the Razor E200 Electric Scooter from Amazon.com